Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission - extended deadline to December 15!
ICARD 2024 is inviting presentations and posters on case studies, challenges, and innovations concerning mine drainage and the mining environment. Topics of interest include mine drainage quality prediction, mitigation, mine water management, plus a range of subjects listed below.
Submit a 250-word text, no graphic, under one of the topics.
- Water Quality Prediction
- Material Characterisation
- Water Quality Modelling
- Static Tests and Kinetic Tests
- Scaling From Laboratory to Field
- Applied Mineralogy
- Operation, Closure, and Legacy Sites
- Planning For Closure
- Material Handling, Ore/Waste Segregation
- Co-Disposal and Blending
- Mine-to-Process Optimisation
- Dry Covers
- Water Covers
- Tailings Disposal Technologies
- Waste Rock Disposal Technologies
- Geotechnical Aspects
- Mine Water Treatment – Active Processes
- Mine Water Treatment – Passive
- Surface Water Collection and Clean Water Diversion
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology
- Groundwater Impacts and Remediation
- Water Use Minimisation
- Recycle Water Quality and Metallurgical Impacts
- Other Water Issues:
– Sulphate, Cyanide and Ammonia
– Metalloids Treatment (As, Mo, Sn, Se)
– Salinity, TSS, Thiosalts, Etc.
- Governance In Mining
- Mining Environmental Guidelines
- Mining Regulations
- Community and Indigenous Engagement
- Social License to Operate
- Corporate Stewardship
- The Economics of ARD Management
- Resource Extraction in Developing Countries
- Artisanal Mining
- Integration of Traditional Knowledge
- Catchment Management
- Biogeochemical Cycles and Biomining
- DNA Footprint
- Receiving Environment
- Mining Impacts on Flora and Fauna
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence
- New Technologies
- Critical Minerals
- Carbon Footprint
- Climate Change
- Geophysics and Remote Sensing
- On-Line Continuous Analyses
- Extreme Environments
DO YOU KNOW
- ICARD 2024 is an in-person conference. All presentations oral or poster are done in-person at the Halifax Convention Centre.
- Technical paper for oral presentation is mandatory for this conference. Poster presenter is requested to prepare a full paper or an extended abstract.
- Only original manuscripts will be accepted. Final paper selection will take place after the peer-review process has been completed.
- Author/Presenter for oral or poster presentation must register at the conference before or on the deadline date and pay the registration fee for presenters to be published in the proceedings and scheduled in the program.
- Proceedings will only be available to ICARD participants for the first six months after the conference. After six months, the proceedings will be accessible to the public at no cost (open source).
|Deadline for abstracts submission||Extended to December 15, 2023|
|Email notification to authors with paper guidelines||January 31, 2024|
|Deadline to submit draft papers||March 22, 2024|
|Reception of comments on papers||June 7, 2024|
|Deadline to submit final paper with corrections||June 14, 2024|
|Presenter registration deadline||July 5, 2024|
|Email to authors with presentation date and time||August 9, 2024|